The Township of Monroe requires a criminal history background check for all adults, those persons 18 years of age or older, including but not limited to coaches, assistance coaches, umpires or similar positions involved in educating, directing or supervising Township-sponsored youth-serving organizations, including but not limited to nonprofit organizations.
To start your initial background check go to https://uenroll.identogo.com
- Enter Service Code 2F1J3Y, then click go
- CLICK – “Schedule or Manage Appointment” and enter information as requested
- Originating Agency Number : NJ920610Z
- Contributor’s Case Number : H12001
- Continue entering information as requested
- Search and select a location for your fingerprinting
- Select a date and time
- Print the Pre-Enrolled IdentoGo form and bring it with you to your fingerprint appointment, along with the required documents as noted on the same page.
- Retain the receipt for your fingerprint payment. You will need to submit the receipt to your sports organization for reimbursement.
- Email a recent photo of yourself that you would like used on your Coach ID to email@example.com. In the body of the email, please include your name, the sports you coach, your address and your phone number.
The Department of Parks and Recreation will be notified of your background check clearance, and will print your Background Approved ID. You will be notified via email that your ID is ready for pick up at the first floor office of the Pfeiffer Center. IDs are available for pick-up from 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. You will need to bring a state issued photo ID with you for verification. Please submit your fingerprint receipt to your sports organization for reimbursement.
In the event that your background check is not approved, you will be notified via email with further instructions.
Renewal Background Checks ONLY
Please use the following link to enter the information required for your renewal background check. It is important when entering your name, that you use your full legal name as written on your birth certificate or driver’s license. Using nicknames may delay or invalidate your background check.
An email will be sent to the you containing a link that directs the you to review, approve and pay the $12 fee for the application. Please keep an eye on your junk/spam folder for this email. It should arrive from njportal.com. There is a seven-day time period to approve and pay for the application. Once approved and paid for, the application will be forwarded to the State Bureau of Identification for processing. If the application is denied by you, fails validation or lapses, this application will be voided. The Department of Parks and Recreation will be sent email notification(s) when there is a change to the status of the application. This includes the approval or rejection by the subject and the completion of processing by the State Bureau of Identification.
Once the Parks and Recreation Department receives notice of your clearance through the background check, you will be notified via email to pick up your completed ID Badge. Please submit your background receipt to your sports organization for reimbursement.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Parks and Recreation Department at 856-728-1372. Thank you for your participation and cooperation in this important process.
The Parks and Recreation Department